“We often forget that WE ARE NATURE. Nature is not something separate from us. So when we say that we have lost our connection to nature, we’ve lost our connection to ourselves.”Andy Goldsworthy
Day 1 of 2022 .
The first day of the year is heavy with expectation. My mind is busy, busy, busy with thoughts of what I wish and hope for, grand plans to “live my best year yet” (but with a side of beat up and self recrimination), a hazy cloud of uncertainty, and deep optimism.
The antidote for monkey mind is dirt or – given the wet summer we are experiencing here in Northern NSW, Australia – mud. A walk through the long grass and weeds (very shaggy garden at the mo!), a few flower seeds planted, and listening to the intermittent rain.
And with the grace of earthly connection and peaceful being-ness, clarity reveals itself.
This year I will:
– Create prolifically ~ ain’t no stopping this creative unfurling
– Invest in my “art” and learning arty skills~ wood carving, welding & digital tech as a starting point)
– Hydrate, Breathe, Nourish, Move and Connect ~ more water, dancing, and time for friendships
– Deepen my listening and widen my curiosity
– Observe the creative process, and write about it.
Or at least these are the intentions coming through today. The muses may have other plans.
We have a whole year ahead of us to see what each day brings. I wish you clarity, optimism, curiosity, and love. Be well xx Susanna